Friday, June 14, 2013

Brand new blue corvette

Taking my mom to the doctor today, it is day 5 with her illness, I follow a bright blue, new corvette. It is a hot and sassy car. Part of the fun for me is seeing who is driving the car. And as usual, it is an old man.

Once you have the money to buy such, you're no longer young. I've known a couple to purchase a Porsche. They were in their thirties. I was maybe 27 and had never known anyone who owned an expensive car. I had seen them. I had talked about them. I actually thought I was going to be able to buy one when I started teaching. Anyway, life happens and quickly I might add.

There is a piece of me that wants to sneer at the old goat in a young man's car. There is a larger part of me that says go for it. You got a few good years left and if that is what makes you happy, go for it.

For me, what I would waste money on would be a vacation around the world on cruise ships. Stopping to travel to exotic countries and getting back on the boat. I've heard cruise ships offer the same amenities as assisted living.

But back to reality, mom is in the hospital. She started perking and eating much better as soon as she got settled. I'll be up at 5 am to get back to see about her. My heart has been breaking all week. I love my mother.

The check engine light lit up in the Ford Taurus. I can drive the Toyota but it is so low, I think she would have trouble getting in or out. I'll have to take the pick-up. At least I have more than one car. Even the blue corvette would not be much help. I doubt I could get in and out that easily. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Vicarious

 Vicarious means to live through someone else's life, a movie scene, story. Vicarious is also the name brand to one Artificial Intellige...