Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 5 of the Blogathon - Theme: Your Favorite App - yeah right.

Sort of like my favorite toilet seat or lawnmower. I use them but I don't think too much about them. They do save time with passwords and finding what you want on a website.

I had planned to retire and live my life without using a computer. I had sat through staff development in rooms of computers for students. They seemed nifty enough. But, we had an IBM selectric at the school I worked at and I thought Why?

In the summer of 1995 I was writing a review of the literature for a class I was taking. I was doing the project wrong in that I was trying to create flow. I bought my first Mac. Sort of like when I got my first cell phone in 2000. Once you get one, you wonder how you did it without them. They are so convenient.

I have a smartphone which I use on occasion. I'm still enamored with desktop computers. I am typing this on a laptop but it is too sensitive at times. Like the time I was snooping on my high school nemesis and accidentally hit the friend request button on Facebook. What a bummer. I undid the request but I got a nasty note from Facebook about someone had complained about my abuse of befriending people I did not know. I'll let you connect the dots. 

My fitness pal will soon be my new favorite app. I need to drop weight like yesterday. Writing down what you eat is important. It is easier than you think to forget about that baloney sandwich you snacked on.

But my rebellion against technology is not over. I may be computer literate. Yes I buy used computers because I like to play with them. But don't think I have any ambition to wax abundant enthusiasm over technology. It just helps me do what I want to do.

Now ask me about my dogs. They are cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Look out A to Z, I'll be back.

 A to Z theme reveal. Well this theme is pretty weak. It is Dogs I have loved, fairy tales, myths, cats birds and what grows in my yard...  ...