Monday, June 17, 2013

Life's goalposts.

Below is the link for Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goalpost of Life by Bobby Bare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWg0bt9kp4

Country music is well known for lyrics that can be funny in the combination of everyday life and the theme of the song. I had a boss who would quote this when things were going poorly for him. I always think of it when things are difficult.

My mom's white blood cell count is up which is not good. The air conditioner is broken, The check engine light is on the car. The doctor makes the rounds between 6 am and 9 am or at lunchtime. My brother and sister are handicapped and they can't be left with no air conditioning. I have a difficult neighbor. They want me to get rid of my dogs. They bark at the horses which is stressful to the horses. He is going to shoot them. I have been keeping the crew in the house until I get everything situated.

Exactly, that will be me howling at the moon tonight. I plan to go to the hospital at 6 am. Talk to the air condition repair person at 8am when they open. With my luck, the doctor will walk in just as they answer after having me on hold.

I guess that will be me howling tomorrow night too. I have faith that Jesus will drop kick me through the goalpost of life tomorrow and the next. My prayer tonight, my mother gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Quixotic

 Quixotic is something that is idealistic to the point it is impractical.  Somebody must have been talking about me  I washed cat food cans ...