Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Kids are In Charge

All through the house
Sighing as they grouse
Clean here, clean there,
Aunt Margie will care
Don't forget to vacuum the dog's chair.

Who put the frozen turkey in the fridge?
Mamas in the car crossing the bridge.
She wants that thawed turkey in the sink
All I see is fifteen types of fruit drink.
Oh this really stinks

Look in the freezer sis
Old tom turkey we just can't miss
Hey put the ham in a pan please
Turn on the oven to 325 degrees
What do you mean you only see peas.

Let's heat up the leftover pizza
Before we have to share it with Lisa
She can look again in the deep freeze
Mom always listens to her pleas
Hey don't hog the cheese

We could cook the rolls
And pile them high in a bowl
Mom would be pleased with that
She'll smile like the Cheshire cat
Or think oh rats

The rolls would get cold
Lets put that thought on hold,
I hear the wheels of the car
What happened to my candy bar
Mom is not far.

Mom is home.





12 comments:

  1. It was always a good feeling when mom came home. We weren't too many times latch key kids, but there were a few times we were. It was nice to have mom home and taking care of things :)

    Cute poem :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom does make the house run well. My mother worked briefly when I was in the sixth grade to help purchase a family car. I remember how good it felt when she quit.

      Delete
  2. When my Grndmother came to my house she always wanted a rag to follow me with and keep order in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an aunt with a spray bottle of diluted bleach and a cleaning cloth. She is big on cleaning doorknobs which makes sense. There is something about owning the family germs. It makes living a little more reasonable.
      I have a feeling your grandmother loved fussing over you though.

      Delete
  3. Have to grab that candy bar and run before Mom says it will spoil dinner haha fun one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh out loud. I once had MIL helping me clean up before company came and found her cleaning out the shower door rails with a tooth brush....priorities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, that is tidy. Sort of great, sort of what?

      Delete
  5. You captured the time of year nicely. This year it will be just my wife and I for Thanksgiving dinner, but we'll still have a feast. Nice that it will be unaccompanied by hustle-bustle of dealing with company. We both need a rest.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking "A Night Before Thanksgiving" but eh, the kids took over. We had a simple Thanksgiving which is the best in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. This is really great. I loved it. Well done. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks McGuffy. It was a quick verse. I guess Pat Hatt is rubbing off on me.

      Delete

Your thoughts.

Look out A to Z, I'll be back.

 A to Z theme reveal. Well this theme is pretty weak. It is Dogs I have loved, fairy tales, myths, cats birds and what grows in my yard...  ...