Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Travel is my raison d'etre. Of course I don't get to go that many places. I could pack it up and live in a camper traveling North America and then venture into South America via Central America. Hop on a ferry and make it to Europe. Put a rudder on back and venture across the Bering Strait to Asia.

Me and my dogs and a few good books with a camera with oodles of storage cards and a computer that can store it all my videos and photos without breaking down. You can't travel without dogs, you would never feel at home. My cats would stay at my house.

I did have a traveling cat in my younger days but these old mates of mine are firmly rooted in my bedroom sleeping on my bed most of the day. Both cats do not approve of the humans who live with me. They implore me to drop them off at the people pound or on Highway 96 like so many humans do with dogs.

Little do these cats know that these humans are the reason I have not succumbed to becoming a human vagabond.

Irony - The Law of Unintended Consequences - Yin and Yang - Bittersweet - The Road Not Taken

My favorite poet is Carl Sandburg. Just take me there quickly please is my innate inertia to hear something new or change.

Another favorite poet is Robert Frost.

Below is his poem "The Road Not Taken"

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Look out A to Z, I'll be back.

 A to Z theme reveal. Well this theme is pretty weak. It is Dogs I have loved, fairy tales, myths, cats birds and what grows in my yard...  ...