Some Eagle facts.
1. Bald eagles do not have white heads as juveniles for their first 4 or 5 years of life. It gives them a pass to fly through other adult's territories until they are ready to get out on their own and have their own territory.
2. Bald eagles are native to North America.
3. Bald eagles mate for life.
4. Bald eagles are no longer endangered. They are classified as a threatened species.
5. The largest recorded Bald Eagle's nest was 9 1/2 feet wide and 20 feet tall. (3 by 6 meters)
6. Life span of 28 years.
7. Not the smartest breed of birds. That would be the parrot family.
8. Weigh between 10 to 14 pounds. Wingspan is 72 to 90 inches. (6ft to 8ft) (2m by 2.5 m)
9. Bald Eagles can lift 4 pounds.
If I could do anything I wanted, I would rehabilitate wildlife specializing in raptors such as falcons, hawks and eagles. Below, you can see the relationship between the man and the Golden Eagle. I love it.
Kyrgyz man with golden eagle