I know this is true. I am a former brunette. When asked my hair color, I say dark brown. It hasn't been that color for years. I would like to say I am a silver fox, but I am not. I have gray hair.
I would color my hair dark. I don't care how old it makes me look. Just as long as I had that jet black hair again. Well it was never black but it was dark and lovely. All the time in my youth I was so aggravated my mom would not let me use summer blonde. I had pretty hair as she said.
The advertising ploy "Blondes have more fun." is the biggest and cruelest brainwashing campaign the beauty industry ever released.
And I will tell you why =
One day you will have to go blonde or accept that gray hair. Dark hair is temporary as well as that carrot red hair. Eventually, you will color with the light blonde hair so you don't have to fight white, bright roots. Go too dark and your hair is fine, you'll look bald.
So believe it if you will. But believe me, enjoy your dark hair. It won't last.
A mix of thoughts, experiences, flash fiction, poetry and humor of Ann Bennett.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rental Family
I wrote the following post last November. I love going to the movies but the overwhelming selection of horror movies makes it hard to find o...
-
I’ve been to the bridge where the water overflowed. The road with swirling eddies and an ice cold grip Steadying my step the river ca...
-
There are few stories as touching as Silas Marner which is the story of a man afflicted with seizures who finds a foundling. The child saves...
-
One of my most, very favorite writers is Dr. Seuss. He had a story and title for almost everything. My high school and middle school student...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts.