Monday, April 28, 2014

Stopping Time



42 word story based on question, Have all your clocks stopped? This is from an Alice Munro's short story A Real Life.

Since I got taken off the links because it is family free month and I have written about family, I've added a few words.



Mom says I'm a night owl. Dad said anyone who did not have their feet on the ground by 6 am was headed nowhere. They are chatting as they eat oatmeal, take meds, drink coffee and read the paper. Quietly shuffling through the kitchen.

Sleeping on their old bed in the back bedroom, I hate to open my eyes. Clearing the house out today for the people who have bought the place. I'll sleep late, one last memory so close yet so far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Look out A to Z, I'll be back.

 A to Z theme reveal. Well this theme is pretty weak. It is Dogs I have loved, fairy tales, myths, cats birds and what grows in my yard...  ...