Saturday, May 17, 2014

Time passing

My  contribution to Chaotically Yours Saturday Short. Write a 100 word story beginning with "The corpse sat across from me."

Link  Chaotically Yours - Saturday Short 5

The corpse sat across from me. Beverly's family made polite conversation.

I told them how the older brother, James had helped my brother. James' grandchild stepped away in disgust. A man older than myself said Robert was a fine man.

Beverly lay in repose. Bruises from intravenous needles were not covered . I thought goodbye.


Leaving the funeral, the memory of Beverly and I running on a sunny day and my pining love for the older brother James who just smiled at me drinking water from the hose before spraying his sister skipped ahead of me in the afternoon sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Wildflowers

Fleabain False Foxglove Mullein which was imported to North America for medicinal purposes. Mullein up close Passion flower Spiderwort I ask...