Sunday, May 4, 2014

Shadows

Shadow

The Shadow Knows

Cast a Long Shadow

A Shadow-less night

When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.  Buddha

Life without love is a shadow of things that might be.

Where there is much light, the shadow is deep.   Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Fear has a large shadow, but he himself is small.  Ruth Gendler

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.    Carl Sandburg

Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see. Martin Luther King Jr.

When the light is crooked, the shadow is crooked. Yiddish proverb

Character is like a tree and reputation is like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, the tree is the real thing.    Abraham Lincoln

Men are the dreams of shadow. Pindar

A shadow and a false friend only attends when the sun shines.  Benjamin Franklin

I got these many of these quotes from ThinkExist.com

What got me on the subject was two homeless women hiding beside support in front of a big box store. Since I retired my mind does not race the same race I did everyday when I worked a forty plus hour a week.

Nonetheless I drive twice a day on weekdays through my hometown, I have noticed an area frequented by homeless. This store borders a wooded area that looked like people used. I parked beside the wooded area for shade, to roll my window down a bit for Louise my dog's comfort and run in the store early one morning.

After loading my purchase in my trunk, I saw the women. One had her bedroll. They looked a little dirty. Louise made a small noise which meant she had met them. I was glad I locked the car doors. Its not the trash in the car, it is Louise's safety. I do love her.

The women made me think of shadows as they walked across the long parking lot. I always feel humble when I see people in this predicament.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Wildflowers

Fleabain False Foxglove Mullein which was imported to North America for medicinal purposes. Mullein up close Passion flower Spiderwort I ask...