I did it my way, Clara intoned.
A stony silence ensued as Clara and her husband, Ben drove down the road. The click, click of rubber meeting the road. The familiar hum of the engine was like an old friend late at night.
How was I to know.
No one could have known.
I wish I had known.
They chose their path.
I know. It's not the way I would have done it.
We won't go back.
A mix of thoughts, experiences, flash fiction, poetry and humor of Ann Bennett.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rental Family
I wrote the following post last November. I love going to the movies but the overwhelming selection of horror movies makes it hard to find o...
-
I’ve been to the bridge where the water overflowed. The road with swirling eddies and an ice cold grip Steadying my step the river ca...
-
There are few stories as touching as Silas Marner which is the story of a man afflicted with seizures who finds a foundling. The child saves...
-
One of my most, very favorite writers is Dr. Seuss. He had a story and title for almost everything. My high school and middle school student...
Sounds like there's more to this! I wonder what path they chose?
ReplyDeleteThis leaves me wanting more! (:
ReplyDelete