Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Bertha, Betty, Bella and Bathsheba Butt - The Butt Sisters.

 This is a true blast from the past. I enjoyed this song but remembered different names for the Butt sisters. My three little red doxies are the Butt sisters. I contemplated naming them Bertha, Beulah and Beelzebub. Beelzebub is the devil and although little Winnie the Smooch is a little rough customer. I don't think Satan is an appropriate name. 

In this song the three sisters of Bertha is Betty, Bella and Bathsheba. Much more respectable names for my hounds. My memory was wrong about the third sister. Bathesheba would have been a cool name for Winne the Smooch. 

Jimmy Castor Bunch - Bertha Butt Boogie

The song hit billboard top 100 for 13 weeks and peaked at #16 on April 20, 1975. The premise were some lovely large cavewomen pursued by a troglodite caveman. 

Bertha Butt Boogie followed the bigger Hit

Troglodyte (Cave Man

which debuted in as a hip funk song in 1972. A song which peaked at #6 on the top 100 billboard and #4 on rythm and blues. A song that was #80 for 1972 in the United States. In 1972 I was 16 and turned 17 that year. 

I don't know how well the songs aged.As you can tell the idea of the "Butt Sisters" stayed with me.

Jimmy Caster Bunch originally went by the name Jimmy Caster. James Walter Bunch was born in 1940 at the start of WW2. 


Jimmy Caster's 1966 song Hey Leroy, Your mamas calling you. was used in the soundtrack for the movie The Wolf of Wall Street. Jimmy Caster co-wrote I Promise to Remember with Jimmy Smith. Jimmy Caster recorded the song in 1956 when he was 16 years old. It was not promoted by Mercury  Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers recorde : I Promise to Remember. in 1956 where it hit number ten on the R&B Popchart and #57 on the US top 100. Jimmy Carter used his recording of the song as side B of Troglydite. 

Right On James Walter Caster. You were one talented man.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a B post! I'm not familiar with Jimmy Caster even though I grew up listening to the top hits of the 50s and 60s. I'm going to go listen to the Hey Leroy song. Quite an honor that it was used in Wolf of Wall Street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of those songs before or the artist.
    That's cute that you refer to your dogs as the Butt Sisters. I would have never known.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts.

Zephyr

 Zephyr is a soft, peaceful breeze. And I thought it had to be an imaginary animal. For many of you, we will not meet again until the next A...