Monday, April 29, 2024

Yesterday

 The Paul McCartney song Yesterday is one of the most covered songs with 1600 different artists according to https://www.thisdayinmusic.com/liner-notes/yesterday/ I briefly looked on youtube for a female cover of the song and was a bit overwhelmed with the number of results I got. So I am posting a 2015 remastered version of the song.  



Amazing that a 23 year old man could write such a poignant song. Paul McCartney dreamed the tune and was concerned that he had subconsciously plagiarized another artist. He hadn't. The original working lyrics was "Scrambled Eggs, Oh my baby how I love your legs."

Technically this blog post is about the day before yesterday. On Saturday, we went to the Strawberry Festival in Reynold's GA. We ate expensive fair food. They really had some new and different items for sale. It was a very dog friendly festival. People had very pretty dogs and some had some cute clothes on. I would have bought a few items but I did not want to lug anything around. 

I wasn't too conscientious about taking pictures in that I had not considered this blog post. We were going to the Weiner dog races. Some dogs understood the rules. Even those stopped to do a little playing and introducing themselves to other contestants before madly running to win the race. One trial involved four dogs who met in the middle for a little how do you do with one another before one decided to run to it's owner. Another dog was very jaunty marking the signs as he strolled across the track. He decided to let everyone admire his winning style. 

Next year I plan to bring one of my dogs. I don't know if they will win but I will make them a good costume so we can win that contest. Maybe. Who cares. It was a lot of fun to watch.

We left the weiner dog races to take a helicopter ride. And yes I was scared sitting in the front seat. I found a place to hold on so I would not grab a control in my effort to feel attached to whirligig. But the view was amazing. The helicopter team was from Blue Ridge GA. The pilot and I had one thing in common. We are native Georgians. So many have moved to our state. 

Afterwards we bought Strawberries, some ice cream and vidalia onions of all things. The line was long and we watched people picking strawberries. The plants close to us were very well picked. There were several pretty chairs and backgrounds for people to take pictures to remember the event. We were both tired and glad to get in the car to go home. 















3 comments:

  1. You are MUCH braver than I am. Helicopters scare me witless. I am not surprised that you are tired - but thrilled that you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved that song. When I was a kid I learned to play the flute. Someone gifted me a Lennon-McCartney songbook and I took to playing Yesterday like a duck to water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want some strawberries....LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts.

Zephyr

 Zephyr is a soft, peaceful breeze. And I thought it had to be an imaginary animal. For many of you, we will not meet again until the next A...