Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Streets of Gold

I had a friend in college who said he cried in Sunday School as a child when they said the streets of heaven would be paved in gold. It sounded like a terrible place to live.

I agree. Heaven would have bucolic dirt roads and your feet and clothes would never get dirty. The stones would never hurt your ever pedicured feet.

I've read fascinating accounts of the majesty of angels and trumpets roaring. God being triumphant in the world of men. I've seen mighty winds blow away the cold and rain for a calm peaceful day, I've listened to the rain on the roof and heard the thunder rumble. I've smelled honeysuckle on a hot sunny day. In my opinion the angels and trumpets are roaring around us if we take time to see and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Unusual or Ubiquitous

 Fish or Fowl Apples and Oranges I am at a blank With nothing to say So I will share a few pictures. Brilliant Sky in the evening, rural Pea...