Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yard Sale Blues

What have I got myself into?
Well Saturday is the big day. I'm having a yard sale. Am I prepared. I'm sure there is someone who can get one organised. Mine will not be.

I have furniture to sell. It is killing me to let go of some of the stuff I have. I'm looking at a high school megaphone I have in the middle of the floor of my office. I think about putting $20 on it to reduce the likelihood anyone will buy it. I offered it to my old alma mater and got a vacant look.

There is a reason why we have a clutter problem. No one want to give anything up. When we do, another one will chime in how they could possibly use it. I am going to grit my teeth and put as much as I can find in the yard sale.

I normally take things to Happy Hour Workshop. They have a weekly yard sale. They could use some better than normal stuff. The problem is the staff don't always recognize my treasures.

Some things people donate should have gone in the garbage. There are unique finds there. I plan to buy a used computer this Friday. I've bought a new desktop and a monitor adapter to toggle between two desktops. My old desktop will no longer load the operating system.

The cockeyed reason why I decided to have a yard sale escapes me now that the ad has been in the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Vicarious

 Vicarious means to live through someone else's life, a movie scene, story. Vicarious is also the name brand to one Artificial Intellige...