Sunday, January 13, 2013

Yard Sale Blues Truth

The day before, my stomach got upset. Sheer dread set in. I thought about putting a sign at the end of my driveway, we got the flu, yardsale canceled.

Well I faced my fears and like all things overwhelming, there wasn't much to it. We had a total of 6 cars, perhaps 16 people in all. They all bought.

One woman was buying sweaters for a quarter each for  someone who needed clothes. I went into the house and got four more in the size she needed. I got to unload and the woman needing sweaters is why I got so much. That specter of need drives my stockpiling.

Don't be fooled by the snarl. Buttons is a real love.
One woman asked about getting one of the dogs. She really took a fancy to Buttons. I told her $2000 each or three for $5000. She said really. It's a shame I couldn't have some of the dogs that looked like Buttons that I see at animal shelters.

That mad rush I was afraid of never materialized. We might do another one another month. We may load the furniture on the back of my truck and take it to Happy Hour Service Center for their thrift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Wildflowers

Fleabain False Foxglove Mullein which was imported to North America for medicinal purposes. Mullein up close Passion flower Spiderwort I ask...