Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Once again, we are waiting on the air conditioning man. Hopefully a third visit will get the source of summer comfort going. My mother is home today which is great. She is much better.

I've got to do a better job with a hook on my blogs. When I write this everyday stuff, I don't have many readers. Honestly, I don't blame them. I am inundated with what I want to read.  I've become addicted to the facebook feed. It's a regular potpourri of thoughts. Very little I need to be spending time looking at. But I hit links right and left.

I read NPR's article about the AMA recommendation that obesity be considered a disease. Most of the comments are they are a bunch of fat, lazy, stupid lot who have caused their own problem.

Being overweight, I have left about ten, "You ignorant ass" comments.  Be overweight and you recognize that obesity is more than eating too much and exercise. I have always worked, exercised and felt extreme guilt eating the wrong stuff.

Honestly, the average person lived to be about 62 in the 1930s. People did not always have food accessible so a spartan diet was a fact not a choice. Alzheimers is a bigger problem today because many of us will live long enough to face the problem or better yet our families will face the problem.

What would I tell any young adult with a significant weight problem. Go to a bariatric doctor. Get the lapband if they recommend it. It's not a character fault. Deal with the problem. Obesity has such a stigma; it will affect your employability, matebility and so many aspects of your life.

I had a friend who was gorgeous and her husband was equally good looking. I remember he made the comment to me that unattractive people were nicer. I told him, I don't know. We are a product of so many things. I have been blessed with wonderful people in my life. He is one of them. In short, my other piece of advice would be to live the best life you can and don't worry about what you cannot control.

Tomorrow's topic: My dogs and McDonalds. If all goes well it will be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts.

Xanadu

 I can hear Olivia Newton-John with the Electric Light Orchestra singing Xanadu as I read the word. It turns out there was a movie that was ...